Diva International is a proud B Corp and Canadian success story. Since launching in 2003, our goal has been improving people’s lives by revolutionizing the period experience. Our product, the DivaCup has become the world leader in the menstrual cup category and is sold in many countries around the world.
Diva International is now hiring for a Communications Specialist to join our talented Marketing & Communications team. Reporting to the Global Communications Manager, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for planning, developing and executing corporate communications, with a primary focus on media relations, public relations and events for Diva International Inc. You have the ability to balance multiple priorities in a constantly evolving environment and bring prior experience in executing public and media relations strategies in traditional, digital, and social channels.
What will you do?
- Work to develop and execute external corporate communications and public relations plans.
- Develop and execute Diva International corporate communications including press releases, company announcements, internal communication training.
- Manage the day to day communications and media relation functions
- Provide support to materials related to issues and crisis management.
- Act as a communications resource to Diva departments and project teams.
- Compile media and event analytic reports for management, measuring success against these metrics and implementing remedial actions as required.
- Work to organize and execute special events, sponsorships, media conferences where appropriate.
- Assist in the development of corporate specific projects in particular brand/corporate ambassador programs.
- Gather articles, anecdotes, photos or illustrations to be used in company newsletters. Write corporate blogs posts, landing pages, product descriptions and other web content.
- Gather and assess competitive and industry articles and media coverage
- Creates and manages content for Diva International CEO’s speech writing and press interviews as well as secure media relations opportunities.
- Partner with external agency to develop and manage CEO social media content. Maintain a content calendar and provide timely approvals and feedback.
- Organize CEO speaking opportunities including speakers notes, presentation slides and media briefs.
- Act as first point of contact with journalists and other media professionals to keep the press and public updated on company news and developments.
- Perform media relations activities, form relationships with journalists and gain both owned and earned media coverage about Diva International, DivaCup, and Diva Cares.
- Responsible for planning and executing corporate events and presentations.
- Prospect, research and prepare award submissions.
- Assist in reviewing and approving requests for corporate donations and sponsorships.
- Assist in supporting brand public relations initiatives as requested.
Corporate Social Media/Web
- Create, curate and manage content of corporate social media pages in alignment with Strategic plan, mission and vision.
- Monitor social and news environment and work to leverage any news opportunities or mitigate and negative PR.
- Responsible for the day-to-day function of the Diva International website with regular blog and press content updates.
- Social listening: monitoring and reporting for Diva International’s corporate social feeds as requested.
- Provide insight and support to influencer initiatives in collaboration with the Community Manager.
- Attend and participate in conferences and tradeshows as required.
- Assist with special projects, research assignments and other communications related tasks as assigned.
- This role may involve unusual hours or schedules such as attendance or participation in occasional evening events or for extended hours for issues management that arise suddenly.
What do you need?
- Portfolio of writing that demonstrates the ability to adapt varied tones and voices depending on content and audience
- Excellent verbal communication skills to connect with staff, the public and community partners
- Successful completion of degree in Communications, Marketing, PR or related field or combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years experience in public relations and event management. Experience managing executive public relations and social media a strong asset.
- Demonstrated event management skills
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with social media and traditional media to effectively support public relations programs
- Demonstrated experience with monitoring and measurement to support the evaluation of PR efforts
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative, self-management, accountability and flexibility/adaptability
- Ability to work outside regular business hours including weekends as required
- Bilingualism in French and/or Spanish considered an asset
- Constant Contact
- Tradable Bits
- MS Office
- Adobe Cloud
- Google Analytics
• A writing assignment will be required as part of the interview process
Diva International is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know. We will accommodate your needs as required under applicable legislation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.