Consumer Support Specialist
Consumer Support Specialist
Diva International is seeking a Consumer Support Specialist to join our Consumer Care team.
About the Role: This role will provide consumer support activities via phone, e-mail, DivaCup’s social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, etc.), and live chat.
About Us: We are the world’s number one menstrual cup brand and the originators of the DivaCup. We are bold change-makers, always challenging the status quo. Founded in 2003 by mother-daughter duo Francine Chambers and Carinne Chambers-Saini, we
went from underdog to top dog in twenty short years, becoming a world-recognized name and brand. Our social impact efforts lead the way in sustainability and advocacy, through meaningful partnerships with organizations all over the world in an effort
to end period poverty and period stigmatization. We’re advocates. We’re period warriors. We’re environmentally focused citizens. We’re innovators, disrupters, and boundary-pushers.
About You: When it comes to menstrual periods, that’s a topic you’re completely comfortable having a conversation about. You take time to truly listen to your customer’s experience to fully understand the needs or concerns. You use intuition to
understand their user experience and will communicate with empathy. Whether it’s through Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or other platforms to communicate with our customers, you’re confident that you can complete the conversation knowing you have left
your customer satisfied, the problem is taken care of, and that you’ve provided a memorable experience. Finally, you believe in our mission to end period poverty.
- Handle all aspects of consumer service and support associated with the product, including usage, complaints, testimonials, etc.
- Respond to incoming consumer requests across platforms using various technologies and toolsets.
- Determine consumer and contact needs through effective questioning and listening.
- Review individual consumer cases providing mediation on behalf of consumer for consideration outside policies and procedures.
- Scan Consumer Support templates to find the best match to resolve the customer issue.
- Move difficult support questions on to a senior support specialist ensuring there is positive handoff and the customer is fully aware of who is handling them
- Support medical related complaints from first point of contact through to ticket closing within Zendesk.
- Devote a part of each day to learn and improve knowledge by reviewing in house documentation or researching the industry and competitors
- Contribute to the Consumer Support templates, creating and maintaining content that explains how to best use the product
- Become a subject matter expert on all products and continue to grow knowledge as the products evolve.
- Execute consumer fulfillment requests through contact with appropriate departments.
- Outbound follow up contact and support with consumers and other stakeholders as required.
- Learn and stay current with Consumer Care procedures and product information.
- Stay current with Consumer Support procedures, product information and online resource tools.
- Other related tasks and special assignments as assigned.
- Work in accordance with the Diva International Inc. Quality Policy.
What Should You Expect? By end of month 1:
- You will be familiar with the Consumer Support template.
- You will be familiar with using Zendesk.
- You will be able to address and categorize incoming tickets.
- You will be able to maintain a FRT of under 10 hours.
By end of month 3:
- You will be able to take phone calls, create call tickets and classify them.
- You will be able to take live chats, create chat tickets and classify them.
- You will be able to maintain a FRT of under 8 hours.
- You will be able to maintain an average handle time of under 6 hours.
- You will be able to maintain a CSAT of 80% or above.
- You will be able to fully address, categorize and escalate medical complaints if needed.
By end of month 6:
- You will be able to assist consumers from beginning to end and resolve their issue autonomously.
- You will be able to fully address any type of inquiries coming through Zendesk.
- You will be able to maintain a CSAT of 90% or above.
By end of year:
- You will be able to comfortably contribute to the Consumer Support template by adding new responses.
- You will feel confident making recommendations for industry best practices.
- Minimum 2 (two) years of experience in a Consumer Care environment preferred.
- University degree or College diploma.
- Experience with Zendesk or similar customer support software an asset.
- Comfortable learning new software programs.
- Additional certifications or courses related to Consumer Care, customer service, and support would be a definite asset.
- Flexible when needed; able to anticipate change and adjust priorities and strategies accordingly.
- Ability to juggle multiple conversations across various platforms.
- Ability to organize time, set priorities and multi-task in order to meet various competing work deadlines.
- Exceptional writing and grammatical skills.
- Experience using online social media platforms and third-party applications.
- Experience with data analysis, survey research and SEO a definite asset.
- Attention to detail and outstanding organization skills.
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience and/or comfort working in the menstrual hygiene category.
- Interest in women’s health and the environment and experience working within such industries would be of benefit to this position.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
About Our Hiring Process: Does this sound like great fit? We would love to hear from you. You can expect us to be curious about who you are, what experiences you have gained to date and what you are looking for in your next opportunity.
We know that you are selecting us as an employer just as much as we are inviting you to join our team. We will provide a series of opportunities for us to connect and for you to meet various members of our team. Please ask us questions and let us know
how we can support you throughout our hiring process.
Why work at Diva International? People are the heart and soul of Diva, sharing our passion to make a meaningful difference in the world. We empower our employees to shatter societal norms and status quo, raise our standards, so we can
grow together and make a great company even better. We’re proud of our supportive working environment. Diva offers a competitive compensation plan, employer matched RRSPs, comprehensive health and dental coverage, a flexible remote work environment and
an educational assistance program to help you keep learning. And we are proud to support our employee’s volunteer interests and make it a priority to join in efforts that give back and show our communities that we care. At Diva International Inc. we
strive to be a welcoming and safe space for everyone, regardless of their race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability, or any other protected grounds. We welcome employees and candidates
from these underrepresented groups to help make this vision a reality. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-866-444-3482 ext. 253 or e-mail at
firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially. Please note, while we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be