Junior Accounting Associate AR
Junior Accounting Associate AR
The Jr. Accounting Associate – AR, under the direction of the Controller, will provide accounting, bookkeeping, financial tasks support, ad-hoc financial reports as requested for audit, tax and management purposes, and support to the
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create Sales Invoices from NetSuite on daily basis for Brick & Mortar and Shopify.
- Prepare Deposit Slips for cheques to be deposited via RDC.
- Obtain the back ups for Deductions (supporting) shown on the cheques/wire/remittance payments.
- Apply all cheque/wire/remittance payments and also attach the supporting in NetSuite.
- Customer maintenance in NetSuite – new customers, update on Sales Rep, Credit Limits and etc.
- Assist with New Customer credit checks.
- Reply to customer’s request on Invoices or AR Aging Summary.
- Assist team member to identify the Opportunity Number for current month AR Deductions (from payment supporting) and enter into NetSuite (where possible).
- Assist with investigating and resolving any invoice discrepancies/client billing issues.
- Follow accounting SOPs on Customer Portals and make recommendations for process improvements as necessary.
- Generate routine month end reports.
- Support in updating department policies and procedures as needed.
- General accounting duties: open and sorting mail, filing, organizing files for storage
- Other administrative and financial duties as required.
- Assist in upholding policy and procedures relating to financial and accounting issues
- Work in accordance with the Diva International Inc. Quality Policy.
- Completion of degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be familiar with full cycle accounting.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel (e.g., pivot tables) and Word.
- Strong understanding of the workings of an office.
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience and/or comfort working in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong problem solving, analytical, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to new technology.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, and professionally at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Resourceful and flexible.
- Keen attention to details.
What are the Goals
- First month is to understand Diva’s accounting process on Sales invoicing, pulling AR backups from different sources – Customer Portals and Emails, Bank Reconciliation for mid month and month end and submitting Customer Disputes
- By the 3rd month, it is expected that you have met expectation of the above tasks.
- By the 6th month, it is expected that you are able to perform tasks with minimum supervision from team mates.
- By the 12th month, it is expected that you provide 1-2 improvements on the tasks you do.
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals.
- Extended periods of sitting.
- Interaction with employees, management, and the public at large.
- Working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Regularly spend long hours in intense concentration reviewing and entering financial information into the computer.
- Frequently bend to files and maintain files.
- Occasionally lift 5-10lbs.
About Our Hiring Process: Does this sound like great fit? We would love to hear from you. You can expect us to be curious about who you are, what experiences you have gained to date and what you are looking for in your next opportunity.
We know that you are selecting us as an employer just as much as we are inviting you to join our team. We will provide a series of opportunities for us to connect and for you to meet various members of our team. Please ask us questions and let us know
how we can support you throughout our hiring process.
Why work at Diva International? People are the heart and soul of Diva, sharing our passion to make a meaningful difference in the world. We empower our employees to shatter societal norms and status quo, raise our standards, so we can
grow together and make a great company even better. We’re proud of our supportive working environment. Diva offers a competitive compensation plan, employer matched RRSPs, comprehensive health and dental coverage, a flexible remote work environment and
an educational assistance program to help you keep learning. And we are proud to support our employee’s volunteer interests and make it a priority to join in efforts that give back and show our communities that we care. At Diva International Inc. we
strive to be a welcoming and safe space for everyone, regardless of their race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability, or any other protected grounds. We welcome employees and candidates
from these underrepresented groups to help make this vision a reality. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-866-444-3482 ext. 253 or e-mail at
firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially. Please note, while we appreciate all applications, only those candidates
selected for an interview will be contacted.