Diva International is a proud B Corp and Canadian success story. Since launching in 2003, our goal has been improving people’s lives by revolutionizing the period experience. Our product, the DivaCup has become the world leader in the menstrual cup category and is sold in many countries around the world. Diva International is looking for a Community Manager to join our talented Marketing & Communications team.
Reporting to the Global Communications Manager, the Community Manager ensures that Diva’s global social media strategies and programs are best in class and align to overall brand positioning and platforms. The Community Manager also engages with current and new brand prospects in strategically aligned social channels in order to grow the overall DivaCup brand community.
What will you do? General Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the lead global social media agency and Diva brand team to strategize ways to scale our communities and connect with current and new brand prospects.
- Work with global social media agency partners to ensure their content aligns to the global DivaCup brand positioning/creative platform.
- Analyze and execute paid media spends in the efforts driving the most traffic to our social content.
- Have conversations with our brand advocates and folks in our communities.
- Create content (blogs, newsletters), building the visibility and credibility of the DivaCup.
- Support and lead the Social Media Specialist and contribute to the overall Marketing and Communication efforts.
Social Media Marketing Strategies and Content
- In concert with the brand and communications team, work with Diva International’s lead global social media agency in the creation and management of DivaCup social media content thereby growing Diva’s presence through blogs, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest as well as other strategically relevant online properties.
- Develop and manage influencer partnerships (micro and macro influencers)
- Work with Diva International’s partner social media agencies and global brand team to set and implement global social media strategies and plan that align with DivaCup’s global brand marketing strategies.
- Develop and execute annual social paid media strategy
- Work with and through social media agencies and brand team, as well as DivaCares, to provide engaging unique and compelling text, image, and video content for social media channels.
- Approve all social media content and calendars prior to posting.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Advertising agency and Communications teams to ensure brand voice consistency in the social space
- Liaise with our Sales department to optimize our trade promotion plan visibility on Diva social platforms
- Create written content (blogs, newsletters, and editorial) in line with the DivaCup brand voice.
Consumer Engagement in the Social Space
- Monitor and respond to consumer comments and queries that come in via social media channels and on-line groups in a timely, engaging manner
- Responsible for social listening, monitoring, and feedback
- Monitor competitive brands’ conversation for relevant ways the DivaCup brand can engage
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals, influencers and journalists/bloggers in smart, creative ways both online and offline
- Be an expert voice on community management strategy, trends, and innovations
Social Media Planning
- Work closely with the lead social media agency and the Diva International brand team, to create strategic social media communication plans
- Work with Diva social media agencies globally to create editorial content calendars by social channel insuring we have the right content at the right time, and that brand standards are being adhered to
- Use DivaCup social media measurement tools, provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of social campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Lend insight to support the organization’s SEO and SEM
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Keep up-to-date with digital technology trends and leverage knowledge in the Community Manager role
- Manage budget spend on social platforms and analyze success (paid posts vs. organic)
Events and Event Planning
- Build community and boost brand awareness through events, consumer shows, and other creative social marketing ideas
Public Relations Communication Support
- Support the Global Communications Manager (CCM) with respect to creation of external community communications including corporate public announcements, press releases and media relations where required.
- Copy editing
What do you need?
- University or College degree in Journalism and/or Communications
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing an online brand community, and experience with people leadership
- Great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our partners and community
- Interest in the women’s health market- The DivaCup Community Manager needs to be passionate about what they do and the products they will represent
- Spoken and written skills – demonstrated and exceptional spoken and written skills. Fluency in English is mandatory. Ability to speak and write in additional languages is considered a strong asset
- Social media savvy, having an excellent understanding of the various social media channels
- Digital platform experience—experience working e-mail marketing software (MailChimp, Sharpspring, Constant Contact, etc.), social and press listening and monitoring tools (Hootsuite/Meltwater) as well as social marketing campaign platforms (Wyng, Tradable Bits, etc.)
- Willingness to be flexible with your time – this job involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to community members outside of work hours
- Experience dealing with public relation events and communications is considered an asset
- Comfortable working in a small but growing company environment
- Experience in multi-national and multi-cultural environment is considered an asset
- Commitment and ownership, willing and prepared to go above and beyond initial job description
- Proven team player with the ability to operate collaboratively in a matrixed team environment – proven ability to easily and naturally develop great relationships across the organization
- Comfort with dealing with dynamic, rapidly evolving situations, both internal and external to the company.
- Other skills – great time management skills, ability to multi-task, works well under pressure, reliability, strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Analytical, pragmatic, independent, and creative thinking balanced with operational ‘do-er’
Diva International is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know. We will accommodate your needs as required under applicable legislation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.